We’ve survived! My roommates are no longer planning a mutiny against me, but are instead sweetly contemplating coffee first thing in the morning. Whew.
And the verdict? It wasn’t that bad…in fact, it pretty much was nearly normal eating for me (thank god for condiments).
The PROS (because everyone wants to hear the good news first)
– I have never eaten so much spinach in a week in my whole life.
– I discovered that raw cauliflower DOES taste good.
– I also discovered a tasty salad with sundried tomatoes, dried cherries, olives (total condiment), and sliced apples at a swanky-and-otherwise-decidedly-NON-raw reception.
– My roommates still like me.
The CONS (because everyone likes to hate the bad guy)
– My grocery budget hates me.
– Spinach smoothies would blend so much better with almond milk than water.
– I really miss my hummus.
With that being said, I’ll share my absolute favorite cooked combo with hummus:
(please, please excuse the horrible photo…I was just so hungry)
Seriously, this is deliciousness in three little bites. So good. If you’ve never tried sweet potatoes in a savory combination, you totally should. Crazy delicious.
See who was creeping in the background?
And he reminds me suspiciously of this guy:
I hope you have a wonderful start to your week! Thanks for reading!